Login FAQ  
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

Page 3 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Masquerade! [Event, EE10]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 am 

Bellena chatted with Saionji quietly, an elegant smile remained on her lips, only to be interrupted by a chuckle here and there at Saionji's wise remarks about things at the party. She scanned the group with a drink in her hand, staying close to her fiance....

----
(PM if you'd like to talk)

Speaks: Merenaese, Mekhem, Yodotai, Rokugani, Thranish, Ujik-hai

DescriptionTheme

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:38 am 

Miya Edogawa wrote:
"Oh? I look forward to seeing the dance of dragons." he grinned. "Should I expect to see more of your kin tonight?"

"Ah, I saw some other dances on the program I am not familiar with, so a dragon might just learn to dance like birds, but as both soar in the sky, it should not be too hard." At least she felt fairly certain that one of those dances were named after a bird.

"Hm, there is my protector there," Utsusemi tilted her head in direction of Kenzo, her eyes following. Pointing was improper, after all. "Also a dragon, but one of earth and forests."

"And do the protector have any allies or compatriots here for the evening?"

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Faith: Exceptional • Status: 4.0 • Reputation: 2.7 (Lady Uxue)
Languages: Rokugani, Merenaese
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:47 am 

Muhaki Ran wrote:
"Someone would've informed me if it were otherwise, right?" she looked to Kenzo, hopeful. "If he... weren't alright? Someone would've told me?" she swallowed a lump in her throat then, and attempted to calm herself. She set her own lips in a straight line, and exhaled through her nostrils.

"He is nothing if not full of surprises. I very much hope you two meet before we go our separate ways, Kenzo-sama," she said gently, keeping her voice low again.

"I'm sure of it." Kenzo said, nodding firmly. His lips pressed together. "Someone really should have informed you that he's okay. But, as the saying goes, 'no news is good news'." He gave her a reassuring smile.

Kenzo nodded. "I should look forward to it. Perhaps when he shows up, you can introduce us?" He smiled. "I think I would recognize him without a mask, but with one it would be a tricky proposition for me."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:01 am 

Agasha Utsusemi wrote:
"And do the protector have any allies or compatriots here for the evening?"

"No, but the night is young." he looked around. "I am sure I will meet many fascinating people tonight. I doubt I'll see more dragons, though."

Carries: Wakizashi, Rapier, Tools
Speaks: Rokugani, Merenaese, Thranish, Sign
Accompanied By: Nari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:05 am 

"There do seem to be many interesting people here," she agreed with a nod, following his gaze. "Like the prince of diamonds in white over there... or the lone warrior." Utsusemi referred to Susumu and Yasuhiro, as the two of them did rather stand out.

Theme #5Profile

Honour: Exceptional • Status: 5.0 • Glory: 5.1 (Lady of the Golden Moon's Words)
Has: Wakizashi, flute, notebook (new), small knife, satchel (contains medicine kit and paint supplies).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:20 am 

"It's quite the gathering." he nodded. "And, it should be quite the evening. I wonder if our host has more than dancing planned."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:27 am 

Mirumoto Kenzo wrote:
"I'm sure of it." Kenzo said, nodding firmly. His lips pressed together. "Someone really should have informed you that he's okay. But, as the saying goes, 'no news is good news'." He gave her a reassuring smile.

Kenzo nodded. "I should look forward to it. Perhaps when he shows up, you can introduce us?" He smiled. "I think I would recognize him without a mask, but with one it would be a tricky proposition for me."

"I would like that very much. When he shows up..." she seemed as if she were reassuring herself, and nodded softly.

"This is a beautiful event, isn't it? I still can't get over the architecture of this place. It continues to take my breath away."

Outfit: Extravagant Clothing, Wakizashi, Pistol, Calligraphy Set, Traveling Pack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:28 am 

Miya Edogawa wrote:
"It's quite the gathering." he nodded. "And, it should be quite the evening. I wonder if our host has more than dancing planned."

"We are still new to how parties are done here. Perhaps you know more of what might be expected for such gatherings?" she inquired. Edogawa had often seemed to be so much more knowledgable on this, and he spoke Merenaese as if he grew up with the language.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:44 am 

Muhaki Ran wrote:
"I would like that very much. When he shows up..." she seemed as if she were reassuring herself, and nodded softly.

"This is a beautiful event, isn't it? I still can't get over the architecture of this place. It continues to take my breath away."

"Very good." Kenzo said. "I will wait with you, then, and help you look for him." He gave her a confident nod.

"Oh! Yes, I suppose it is." Kenzo glanced around, looking at it. He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "I confess, I didn't really notice it until you've pointed it out. I've mostly been observing people. It's an interesting experience." He inclined his head. "But you're right, it is very impressive."

Attended House of Dawning Light
Sturdy clothing, daisho, traveling pack, ink brush kit, fan. Pistols when not ridiculously inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:58 am 

Agasha Utsusemi wrote:
"We are still new to how parties are done here. Perhaps you know more of what might be expected for such gatherings?" she inquired. Edogawa had often seemed to be so much more knowledgable on this, and he spoke Merenaese as if he grew up with the language.

"Well, I'm used to the fiestas of La Ultima Esperanza or La Nueza Esperanza. I am not sure this will be the same, though."he admitted. "Those are lively with energetic music, rich food and many drinks. But, they aren't the celebrations of the nobility. I think this may be different."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:48 am 

Akaichou had always enjoyed such events. Now she would be attending one surrounded by actual Rokugani! She thought about how her father and mother might both be proud in a moment such as this.

She entered the room, casting her eyes about at all of the beauty brought to the room by everyone's gowns and garments. Her own mask was carefully chosen; a butterfly to tip off Anzai.

Roll

Gaijin Horse (Bishounen) ∞ Papillon (Tristan) ∞ Carries: Personal Seal, Blade (hidden), Coin Purse
Theme: Praan [Translated Lyrics]Description

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:18 am 

And tipped off he was. The avatar of decadence found his mismatched eyes drawn to the butterfly, his crimson and golden fan flicked for emphasis as he made his way over to the Unicorn woman. His lips hidden behind the mask, he angled it, so as to invite her closer to him.

"If I lived for a thousand years, and saw a thousand suns, it still wouldn't compare to how brightly you shine this evening, Akaichou-san." He leaned closer to her, his voice barely above a whisper. As he turned the fan, she'd easily see the curl of his lips, the glimmer in his eyes.

Honor: Honorless Dog, Status: 2, Glory: 5.8 - Reputation: 5.2 - Benten's Blessing - Dangerous Beauty - Lechery - Evil Eye - Unlucky 1 - Language (Merenae, Mekhem) - Darling of the Court (West Port) - Courtier - Scorpion - "The Rose Whisperer"
Carries on person: Wakizashi, Tanto, Gaijin clothing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:23 pm 

Miya Edogawa wrote:
"Well, I'm used to the fiestas of La Ultima Esperanza or La Nueza Esperanza. I am not sure this will be the same, though."he admitted. "Those are lively with energetic music, rich food and many drinks. But, they aren't the celebrations of the nobility. I think this may be different."

"We have seen the dance and heard the music that was once at La Gata Salvaje... it will be interesting to compare the two." She nodded thoughtfully.

"But, señor probably have young innocents to look for, who may need his protection." Utsusemi offered, so as to not occupy him too long.

Theme #5Profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm 

"And, a dragon should be able to soar wherever she wishes, without hindrance." he smiled. "Enjoy your evening, senorita."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 pm 

Susumu walked around the ball room at a leisurly pace, observing the dancers and guessing who was who...except for Tori who did not give much of a challenge.

He stopped to pick a glass of wine from one of the waiter and finally noticed the man he wanted to meet. After an opening was made he walked up to him and bowed politely

''Good evening Muhaki-ue. The governor knows how to throw a ball does'nt he?''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:48 pm 

"It looks like I am easily recognised despite my disguise." Saionji inclined his head, trying to figure out who it was. "A shame I cannot easily reciprocate. Do you know my companion, Muhaki Berena-san?"

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:33 pm 

''I believe the meeting of captains might have been the first and only time we have spoken.'' he smiled ''It is quite normal for you not to recognise me as we never met. I am Gusai susumu, captain of the Walrus''

''...he was a paragon of courtesy...''

Status 4 (5 for mantis and peasants)/Glory 8.4/Reputation 4.3/ Honor: What is expected (GASP!)
Equipment (visible):
-always: Double Kama, wakizashi, jade finger
-when appropriate: light armor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:36 pm 

Xabier arrived fashionably late. He wanted to be noticed, for people to turn and bask in his splendor.

He had to make a decisive show of grandeur, another proof that the Arrigorriagakoa had returned and that the youngest of them was the grandest of them all. To accomplish that he had tapped into his considerable funds to obfuscate any and all that would try to outshine him. He was to be a Sun among candles.

His mask was a simple yet exquisite piece, displaying a level and detail of craftsmanship beyond fine. The unblemished white characteristic from narwhal ivory serves as the setting for the golden orca that flank the eyes and the mask is crowned by a golden lady that sternly gazes as sea monsters are born from her bussom.

His garment was just as exquisite. Dark greenish-blues mixed with gold and silver frame him perfectly and the dark gold details in his clothes seem to shift and move as he walks. Closer inspection will reveal they are all manners of magical sea creatures.

He smiled generously as he passed, wooing the people with his natural magnetism. "Amigos," his words were honey. "I am so happy to have made it."

---
Sincerity vs TN25 - SUCCESS (w/14 raises total)
45 VIP and 0.7 Reputation gained.

Last edited by Muhaki Zabieru on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equipment: Rapier, navigation tools, light armor when applicable

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm 

Saionji took a pause.

"An honour, Gusai-san. With introductions complete, you'd perhaps tell if if there is more that requires my attention, or is it just about paying courteous respects?"

Then his vassal's entry drew away his attention.

Don Salvador de Muxaqui | Saaji ibn Mouhaqq al-Hattar | Jing Xiyuan | Sanzayun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:35 pm 

Yajinden entered the ball traditionally dressed. He head an hand mask but it was just a little flamboyant. His one accessory that stood out in both beauty and luxuriousness was his diadem. He paid respects to the governor and joined the wine crowd.

"The roots of evil don't rest in Jigoku, but within the hearts of men."

Page 3 of 9 [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next