Login FAQ  
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




 Page 4 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:10 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 am
Posts: 447
Kaiya felt the compulsion, the overriding need to protect this box based off the bidding of some unknown entity. Before she could form a thought of her own her body lept into trained action, ready to do what she needed to do.

Initiative: 32



_________________
Imperial - Kakita - Bushi - Duelist - Hero of the People - Mute - Sacrosanct - Imperial Explorer
Status: 3.0 | Glory: 7.0 | Honor: Exceptional
Carries: Daisho, Flute, Jade Necklace
Language: Sign, Mekhem
Image
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:17 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Fear made Ruqqayah hesitate.

---

4



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 am
Posts: 447
Bound by his will, Kaiya focused on retrieving the box herself.

Contested Roll: 17



_________________
Imperial - Kakita - Bushi - Duelist - Hero of the People - Mute - Sacrosanct - Imperial Explorer
Status: 3.0 | Glory: 7.0 | Honor: Exceptional
Carries: Daisho, Flute, Jade Necklace
Language: Sign, Mekhem
Image
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Ruqqayah runs for the box, as well, but Fear weakens as well as slows her.

---

5



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
Kaiya gripped the box.

Good. Now keep her at bay. Or just kill her.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 am
Posts: 447
Bound to his will, Kaiya forced into action did so in a manner looking to keeping Ruq alive. Raising the box higher, forward, Kaiya's influence called for Ru to stop where she was.

Resist: 21 vs 25, Failed.



_________________
Imperial - Kakita - Bushi - Duelist - Hero of the People - Mute - Sacrosanct - Imperial Explorer
Status: 3.0 | Glory: 7.0 | Honor: Exceptional
Carries: Daisho, Flute, Jade Necklace
Language: Sign, Mekhem
Image
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:28 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Ruqqayah very carefully didn't go for the box. This was probably what she'd fought off. "Do your best, Seppun-san," she reassured, manipulating the Seal with her fingers before backing off slowly.

---

EA 13 - Blessings 1, Blessing Etiquette on Kaiya to resist mind effects, TN 15: 7d10o10k4 22
Kaiya gains +1k0 to Etiquette



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
[Kaiya has 2 more attempts before her will succumbs to Chephren and she won't be able to free herself from his influence on her own.]

[To wrestle the box out of someone else's grasp follows Grapple rules i.e. someone has to be in control of the Grapple to take possession of the box.]

[Kaiya cannot use the Influence 3 as she has no capability to cast spells.]



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 am
Posts: 447
As it would appear, the will of the ancient being had such control that there was the lacking thought of the capabilities of the one whom held the box. With that came a weakness a weakness the woman exploited.

Wresting herself free from this demon thing, Kaiya finally had her own life in her hands again. In an act of willful defiance of this creature that had once controlled her she did the one thing she knew it did not want to happen.

With a gentle approach forward Kaiya placed the box in the Iuchi womans hands.

Etiquette: 32 vs 25, Passed.



_________________
Imperial - Kakita - Bushi - Duelist - Hero of the People - Mute - Sacrosanct - Imperial Explorer
Status: 3.0 | Glory: 7.0 | Honor: Exceptional
Carries: Daisho, Flute, Jade Necklace
Language: Sign, Mekhem
Image
Attendant - Isabella [Merenease, Mekhem]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Ruqqayah smiled warmly at Kaiya as she accepted the box, heavy in her arms. "Thank you," she said genuinely, hoping what she'd done had been able to help her. Then she looked down at the box and her smile turned a little darker and she rested a hand on top in an almost gentle manner. "You're mine now."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
Image

You will not dare! I will find you and I will do to you what I did to many of your kin.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
"No, you won't," she replied simply. The fear was gone, the will of iron that had come to define her filling her voice. "You have been defeated before and now again. Accept it gracefully. This is not a request, but the only option left to you."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
...

There was silence in her mind, quiet and defiant.

As insufferable it is, I'll do your bidding for the safety of my heart. Name your price so we can bargain.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Ruqqayah reflected that she would have to research the heart more deeply to achieve the kind of obedience that the story had reflected. But that could come after they got out and she had time to open the box and take a closer look at the heart itself.

"There's really no bargaining to be done here. You're not in a position to bargain. You seem like a reasonably intelligent person, so I'm surprised you don't understand. I have the knowledge to open this box. My terms are simple - you will do what I ask, or I will end your overextended life." She touched the seam where the lid met the body of the box gently.



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:44 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
Name your price, or I will chase you across the world to take advantage of your indecision.

The voice in her head barked.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
Ruqqayah sighed and set the box down. "You really don't understand the situation you're in. I'm telling you there is no price. This is what I was seeking. Not in exchange for anything." She took a moment to study the box, adjusting the seal to allow its opening. "Do I need to take out your heart and hold it in my hand?"

---

EA 13 - Spellcraft/Intelligence TN 30: 9d10o10k4 33 Pass



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:04 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
I perfectly understand my situation, girl. It's you who doesn't understand. If you kill me, you will let loose those khadi under me, many almost as powerful as I and as thirsting for power and land held by your people as I thirst for vengeance. Have you found their hearts too? If you kill me, you will forsake great power a bargain could give you. If you kill me, the future of the Senpet will write itself outside of control of your people, so occupied with the return to their roots that they are willing to leave their hard-won empire behind to the cadavers that chase their heels. This is the true dilemma of great power, girl, one your juvenile mind has not yet faced. It's a choice of a heavy alternative cost of wielding it with no consideration for those you wield it against.

A pause.

I have centuries of experience to help you emerge from your ignorant mediocrity if you see the value of a bargain now.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
"I might," she said thoughtfully, opening the box and touching the strange organ contemplatively. "I see the potential value. And I don't want a bunch of old Khadi running around willy-nilly. What precisely are you proposing?"



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:58 am
Posts: 3771
As you've reached me, you know the story of Harmonthep and Hephnatti. I shall consider you a pharaoh figure in how I conduct myself, and you will respect me as you would a vizier. This will give you the power you covet as it will give me the purpose to brave your imposition before I can claim my own destiny. She felt some trembling to the no-voice as she was touching the grotesquely beating darkened heart.



_________________
Head GM ✿ Floating Lotus ✿ Gunslinger ✿ Merciful ✿ Experienced 2
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [D13 EA] Breaking and Entering 2: Electric Boogaloo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am
Posts: 622
She contemplated the idea for a few moments, then nodded, closing the box. "That's acceptable. We'll establish what that entails in detail later, but for now..." she shut the iron box and clasped it. "Time to leave."



_________________
"Promising Theologian"
Unicorn Clan • Sahir • Heiress • Researcher • Foreign Heritage • Gaijin Name • Ex-Twin • Filled With Determination
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 2.2 - Status: 4.0
Carries/Owns: Wakizashi, Tanto, Musket, Fan
Speaks: Rokugani, Mekhem, Yobanjin, Merenaese, Ujik-hai, Senpet
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 4 of 4 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 1 hour


 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
phpBB skin developed by: phpBB Headquarters
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group